Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
Corrosion Control Engineering (CCE) use experienced engineers and technicians to complete a range of corrosion prevention services.
The following services are available.
CCE will undertake all necessary design and consultancy responsibilities for any cathodic protection project. The extent of these services can be adapted to suit the client's specific requirements, including:
- Design and consultancy services for cathodic protection projects, preparation of specifications, drawings and all field surveys for tender issue
- Assessment of tender documentation, assuring conformity of proposed materials with specifications. Provision of supervision for system installation, on-site testing and commissioning
- As independent inspectors representing owners and inspection of materials supplied by others
- Corrosion related failure investigations, material selection and other metallurgical services
- High Voltage Induction surveys and earthing investigations
Analysis of System Performance
Upon commissioning or as requested, existing CP systems can be assessed by CCE. CP test log sheets are used for ongoing maintenance by site personnel. These log sheets are designed to be completed and forwarded to CCE on a regular basis for further analysis and comment.
Installation and Maintenance
CCE can provide skilled teams of personnel to carry out all necessary installation and maintenance work. Typical examples include:
- Installation of both sacrificial anode cathodic protection (SACP) and impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) systems
- Provision of all necessary plant, labour and materials to carry out existing system repairs and upgrades
- CCE have experienced staff who can apply a wide range of experience and qualifications
CCE can provide comprehensive training for personnel to conduct on site works such as:
- Potential testing
- Impressed current cathodic protection
- Adjustment and maintenance of CP systems
- Thermit welding
- DCVG surveys
- Pipeline location
CCE can provide the complete range of cathodic protection surveys:
- Buried pipeline coating defect survey (DCVG) surveys
- Data logging surveys
- HDD current density surveys
- Coating inspections
- Marine vessel electrolysis inspections
- Shipping / dry dock inspections
- Electrical Interference surveys / electrolysis / stray current investigation
- Soil Resistivity surveys
- Cathodic Protection inspections and surveys
- Continuity Testing
- HV Spark testing of pipeline coatings / storage tanks for underground service and tank internal coatings
CCE can provide all necessary CP field services.
- Site audits to assess the performance of existing cathodic protection systems and determine any necessary adjustments or maintenance required to ensure continued satisfactory operation and asset protection.
- With our partner NDT Global
The CP Experts
Call us today to learn more about our cathodic protection services.